Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last Day in London

I had much to do today to get ready for my departure, and I made it.  I arrived at Heathrow exactly two hours before my 5:35 pm take-off on British Air.  The eight hour flight means that I will wake up the next morning in India.  That's me before descending into the Tube station at Swiss Cottage.  What's in the pack, you ask?  Here's the list.

Packing as a Minimalist Activity:  All you need for any length of trip is a backpack or small bag (though traveling in winter does complicate matters a bit).  I took inventory as I repacked this morning and this is what I am carrying with me.  The list excludes what I am wearing.

1 pair long pants
2 shorts: regular and gym
1 swimming trunks
2 T-shirts
5 pairs of underwear
7 pairs of socks
1 long sleeve shirt
2 short sleeve shirts
1 ball cap
1 umbrella
1 microfiber towel
2 locks
2 books
1 kindle
1 camera
1 netbook
Various electrical converters
Various toiletries
Assorted documents

I often take old cloths with me and cast them off as I wear them.  This is what I shed in London:

1 pullover (donated to the British Heart Association!)
1 pair of pants
1 long-sleeve shirt
1 pair of socks

Geographically yours,
D.J.Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment