Thursday, April 28, 2011

From Virginia Beach to London

The Beginning:  The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.  Today, the journey of 24,000 miles begins with a single ride to ORF, Nofolk International Airport, which is set in our azalea garden -- now in full bloom.  I will wave goodbye to the azaleas and hello to the crepe myrtle when I return 80 days from now.  It's RTW for me this summer: Round the World. 


I travel with a backpack only.  If it doesn't fit in the pack, it doesn't go.  Here I am ready to depart from my Virginia Beach home. 


I post many of my favorite pictures at my photo blog and will be using it to document my travels on this trip.  I hope some of my teacher-followers will find them useful in class.  You have my permission to use them.


http://www.geographicallyyours.blogspot.com/


I have also been developing a blog on historical markers for use in a summer institute I am doing at Stratford Hall Plantation when I return to Virginia.  I will be looking for historical markers and posting my finds as I travel.  This is the URL:


http://www.historicallyours.blogspot.com/


Is traveling around the world once in your life the only way to become a global citizen?  We'll see.


Geographically yours,
D.J.Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment